Our company is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper/Admin to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organisational skills and accuracy are important skills for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
· Balance and maintain accurate ledgers.
· Match purchase orders with invoices.
· Coordinate bank deposits and report financial results on a regular basis to management.
· Monitor office expenses and tally and enter cash receipts.
· Pay vendor invoices and track bank account balances.
· Develop monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets.
· Prepare quarterly and monthly tax returns, along with payroll, operating and business taxes.
· Generate and issue invoice batches and statement to customers.
· Perform regular credit control on accounts.
· Assist customers with login and management of our online customer account portal.
· To assist with other data entry requirements.
· To perform other reasonable requested tasks from directors/management.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
· A Level in Accounting or related field.
· Five years’ experience working in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and payroll reports.
· Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
· Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, QuickBooks & Sage.
· Experience in services related to payroll such as writing cheques and submitting payroll taxes.
· Strong understanding of business and income tax worksheets and computations.
This is a full-time position based in our Southampton premises, working 8am-5pm Mon-Fri. In return, we are offering a competitive salary, paid holiday allowance and opportunities for training and development.
· Salary £18-19k depending on experience.
· 20 days paid holiday per annum (some of which is block booked for Christmas/New Year shutdown).
Expected start date: 01/11/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,000.00-£19,000.00 per year
Our trade counter is protected with screens, we provide sanitiser and perform a daily clean down in shared areas. We also provide gloves, masks and perform daily temperature checks on all staff. All external visitors are tracked and traced.